My Angel Appeared - Elle King

When I close my eyes,
I start to remember,
Those times I would bow down,
And begin to surrender.

The reason I hurt,
Is because you think I'm a 'hinderance',
Is it just me,
Or are you the one with no patience.

The tears I had cried,
were when I stopped beleving,
That someone would save me,
From the pain I was receiving.

I heard them downstairs,
The bottles were breaking,
Another arguement occured,
world war 2 they were remaking.

All i could do,
Was curl up on the floor,
And hope that i couldn't hear,
Any footsteps near my door.

But all hope was lost,
When my door was slammed open,
I was too scared to look up,
But I heard slurred words being spoken.

My stepfather, who was drunk,
Walked closer to my body,
I could smell the aclahol from his breath,
As his shadow lurked over me.

His giant paw clenched,
As pain filled my head,
Kicks and punches I receiced,
Till I was left for dead.

As I woke up,
A white ceiling I could see,
My vision was blurred,
'What had happened to me?'

I was in the hospital,
Being treated with care,
And right beside me,
Two policemean were there.

They told me a lady,
A random passerby,
Stopped and listened,
As she heard my cry.

She had phoned the police,
And got my parents arrested,
While I got addmited to hospital,
To get my body tested.

An angel, I believe,
Had appeared to save me,
She opened my cage door,
And set me free.

When I closed my eyes,
An angel I could see,
Thanks to my angel,
I can live peacefully.

Elle King

Blog Archive