Janie - Tony Bradley

This is crazy, girl, please try and see
you always knew I had a wife
you're so young and pretty, this can't be
forget me, go and get yourself a life.

My wife and I have changed, with time
grown slowly apart, some people do
but I never thought there'd be anyone else
never imagined this love I feel for you.

I'm many years older, and I should be bolder
cold common sense should be coming from me . . . . .
I'm desperate, I'm trying, but I'm floating, I'm flying
as close to heaven as I'll ever be.

The love grew so strong, though we didn't have long
stealing hours together, not months or years
but we both knew, that this beautiful journey
could only end in pain and tears.

Suddenly gone, emigrating with your parents
after our sunshine days in one short season
before you, and after you, my life is empty
I love you, Janie, beyond time and reason.

I've tasted both sweet and bitter fruit from Life's tree
I've had good sunny days, but usually rainy
I thank God for the hand he dealt me
He gave me such happiness, He sent Janie.

Tony Bradley

Blog Archive