I Thought I Saw Aliens - Elizabeth Fisher

I thought I saw Aliens - or so it seemed
Their blood red eyes
Shooting rays out in beams.
Their long dangling fingers
Hanging so long
And curly tentacles touching the ground
where they did not belong.

Their large long oval faces
Lying so low.
Oh!I thought I saw Aliens
Oh what a show.

Had they crash landed?
Did they know where they were?
Their tunnel shaped vehicle
Was standing out there..

I had been walking
In the Guernsey St Martin lanes.
Oh I thought I saw Aliens
I'll have to look again...

I crept down the driveway
But oh what a shock.
Bright red tomatoes. beans and courgettes the lot .

The bright red eyes beaming and shining so red
Turned out to be tomatoes
Alien eyes were in my head.

The spindly fingers
Long beans hanging down I could see
Oh! I thought I had seen Aiiens
What is happening to me?

The polytunnel not a vehicle
How could this be?

The house owners came out
To see why I was there
I told them that I had only come to stand and stare.
I thought I had seen Aliens in your garden back there.

But instead they have turned into a vegetable surprise
the polytunnel spaceship transformed before my eyes.

They are our prize vegetables they stated with pride
Then linked arms and stared at them and sighed.

THEY ARE ALIEN TO OUR GARDEN

It's our very first trial.

Elizabeth Fisher

Blog Archive