Autumn - John E Blaise

Halcyon days but alas we are not kingfishers.
Autumnal feel the air so crisp and clear
As days draw in the night-time fear.
Early morning dew grass strewn with gossamer
Trampolines for the spider and fly.
So take me down to the beautiful river,
Through the golden wooded maze
To the still water covered in a blanket of haze.
Stare ahead at the nebulous shapes
Deafened by the sound of silence
Soporific ambience of this enchanted place
Far far away from the human rat race.

This is a place to unwind and not to care
Be at one with nature, naked and bare
Autumn autumn but this is my autumn
I do not want to see another winter or spring
But I will miss listening to the birds sing.
Hypnotised in a mesmerism of euphoria
This place is Nirvana, elation, jubilation.
Magnetic draw unclothed I step into the water
Cold water covers knees, waist, neck so fast
Goodbye, goodbye cruel world, peace at last

John E Blaise

Blog Archive