Reasons For Writing - Lester Queripel

People often ask me why I write.
Well............I write in hope.
In hope that I can communicate.
Communicate and relate my feelings and my thoughts.
I make myself vulnerable and give bits of myself away.
I hope that someone somewhere might say;
“Hey, I know how he feels, I feel like that today”.
I write for those people who are looking for some kind of relief.
I write for those people who have been battered beyond belief.
I write for those who are refugees of the past.
I write for those who always come last.
I write for those who are crippled by emotional injury.
I write for those who cannot see.
I wrote in honesty with sincerity.
I write for those who haven’t yet ‘got’.
I write for the person who doesn’t pretend they’re happy when they’re not.
I am not afraid to be the object of a trivial remark.
I am not afraid to be the target for a ‘poisoned dart’.
Thrown by those who will always be in the dark.
They can stone me, they can disown me, but they will never stop me.

I write because I care and I write because I want to share.
I write in hope that I can communicate.
Communicate with people who are in need.
People who want to read..................these kind of words.
That’s why I write.

Lester Queripel

Blog Archive