The Rohais In The Good Old Days - Lester Queripel

I grew up in the Rohais
Those were the good old days
My brother and I used to walk to school
We only saw a car or two
In the road we’d play football and cricket
We’d use the lampost as a wicket
It was the 1950’s and life was lived at a different pace
The Rohais was a very different place
Two public houses are now office space
There’s a golf course where there used to be a farm
A hotel where there used to be a barn
A house where there used to be a bakery
A supermarket where there was once a vinery
Two petrol stations are now history
What was once a childrens’ playground for my brother and me
Is now one of the busiest roads in Guernsey
That’s progress.....................but we still have the memory
Of how the Rohais used to be

Lester Queripel

Blog Archive