I  Must  Have   Been  A  Naughty  Boy - Tony Gardner


All  last  year  I  was  so  good
As  little  boys  and  grown  men  should
I  tried  so  hard  you  see  because 
I  had  written  to  Santa  Claus.
For  I  had  seen  on  Amazon
What  he  could  bring  on  his  next  run
Nectar  sweet  from  a  Scots  Glen
Brewed  for  discerning  gentlemen.
Much  better  than  cheap stuff  I  sip
Which  puckers  up  my  upper  lip
I  thought  he might  for  I'd  been  good
As  little  boys  and  grown  men  should
…..
I  went  excited  to  my  bed
Slept  soon  as  Pillow  touched  my  head.
Dreamt  I  could  see  old  Rudolph’s  glow
Through  the  thickly  falling  snow. 
I  woke  up  early  bleary-eyed
Hoped  he’d  left  something  on  the  side
Like  Single  Malt,  but  never  guessed
He'd  leave  a  gift  not  of  the  best.
Tiptoed  downstairs,  then  my  heart  broke
At  the  miniature bottle  and  small   can  of  Coke

Tony Gardner

Image : Pixabay - Ebweb/thuanvo

Blog Archive