The Cliché Is In Play - Lester Queripel

We are where we are
Between a rock and a hard place
We are washing our own face
But we mustn’t use a sledgehammer to crack a nut
When one door opens another will shut
We simply have to stop the rot

Whatever the weather, we’re in this together
But I think I’m getting to the end of my tether
We’ve got to keep it real
We need a steady hand on the wheel
Yes it may be a bitter pill
But I think it will fit the bill

You might be pulling my leg
But you’re certainly not pulling your weight
You’re pulling the wool over my eyes
There’s no smoke without fire I realise
I’ve just seen an elephant in the room
Now I’m absolutely over the moon

Two steps forward, one step back
I’m sure somebody is going to crack
If we play hide and seek
We’ll really be up the creek
We won’t have a paddle with which to row
We will reap what we sow

From the ridiculous to the sublime
A week can sometimes be a long time
Around Sark to get to Herm
The early bird catches the worm
The cliché is in play
Ole!
Touche!
It’s a game of two halves at the end of the day

Lester Queripel

Blog Archive