Pondering On My Peas - Jenny Hamon

I planted peas the other day
All neatly in a row
And since that day I’ve waited
For my peas to grow.

I’ve propagated peas before
And watched them grow a treat
But these just do not want to grow,
I think it’s lack of heat.

I’ve waited for a few weeks now
But nothing’s reared its head.
I wonder if they’re too cosy
All tucked up in their bed.

Now I’m getting to the stage
Where I should start to see my peas,
So I begin to poke and prod
Where my peas should be.

There’s not a pea in sight,
Not even the remains
Oh what has happened to my peas?
Have they dissolved in all the rain?

Perhaps they have grown downwards
Instead of to the light.
Maybe my peas have travelled
As there’s not a pea in sight.

Maybe they’ve gone to Pakistan
Or even down to Perth
But one thing is for sure
They’re not here in my earth.

Jenny Hamon

Blog Archive