Media Propaganda - Ian Duquemin

Call me a fool but I don't understand
I wonder if someone might lend me a hand
Can anyone out there please kindly explain
Convince me that others are feeling my pain
I turn on the news and I'm filled with a rage
In newspapers "death" highlights each page
An advert on tv shows children in need
The next promotes football a sport rife with greed
Wars they are fought with no outcome in sight
This god and that god "You all can't be right"
Maybe you all need to live your own lives
And not play this game in which no one survives
I am sick to the stomach of seeing such hate
I guess that a time-out has been called too late
I can't close my eyes and pretend I don't see
Surely others feel similar to me!
A feeling so helpless and one of concern
The fact is that man is too stupid to learn!
His days are numbered, his ending is nigh
And he is too dumb to know why!

Ian Duquemin

Blog Archive