The Death Song - Ian Duquemin


This song's about the night I died
The knife. My blood. My suicide
I bet my soul that no one cried
No angel came, so someone lied

The veil of life and death was thin
It brushed against my butchered skin
I took a peekaboo within
My death on show. My mortal sin

I hoped someone would welcome me
And see what others failed to see
A soul who longed to be set free
His shame that held no dignity

So here I am, and still I'm lost
Who sacrificed and paid the cost
Whose pieces shattered, stained and tossed
Now crumbled into ash and dust

The grave awaits, so dark and deep
A place for my eternal sleep
To bury secrets sworn to keep
In silence where I sadly weep

Remember me as nothing good
A child, a man, misunderstood
Who longed to love, but never could
As every living person should

Ian Duquemin

Blog Archive