Dreaming - Katherine Svensson

I see you standing before me,
Smile like a magnet drawing me near.
I feel thousands of tiny butterflies,
Their wings fluttering wildly inside me.
I long to reach out and touch you,
Feel your lips against mine.
When I think of you I wonder,
How would it feel to have our arms entwine?
Would I melt into you so that we would become one?
Your voice echoes in my head long after you’ve gone.
I dream of gently holding your face in my hands,
Covering you with sweet kisses,
Lightly tracing my fingertips around your forehead,
Down your cheeks to your lips.
I want to hold you tenderly,
Take away all that hurts you,
Make your pain my own.
I cry myself to sleep some nights,
Fear this dream is destined never to be for real.
Why does this torment me so?

Katherine Svensson

Blog Archive