The  Choice..... - Tony Gardner



"Me or the dog, -- you'll have to choose,"
That's what she said today.
"I thought I'd found true love at last,
but that hound is in the way!"
It all was swell, so fine at first
I thought I'd found the Mate
That I could spend forever with
A gorgeous girl called Kate.
I brought her home so she could meet
Another dear to me
My old dog 'Jenn', a furry friend
As faithful as can be.
But they took an instant dislike
To each other right away
And Katie said she'd have to go
She really couldn't stay.
She turned to go then gave a yell
Jenn chased her to the door.
That was that, I guess that we
Won't see her anymore.
I miss my Kate, so sweet although
We didn't get a snog.
But I'm not too broken hearted
I've still got my loyal dog.

Tony Gardner

Image : after Pixabay - Gordon Johnson

Blog Archive