All You Ever Do (Is Break My Heart) - Ian Duquemin





You say that you don't love me anymore
But I've heard that same old story, so many times before
So go ahead and leave me
I don't need you to explain
As I know that when you've had your fun
You'll turn up once again
All you ever do is break my heart
But I miss you every moment, that you and I must be apart
I know this may sound crazy…
But I'll wait right here for you
And dwell on all the pain, that you're about to put me through

And soon enough, you'll call me on the phone
You'll tell me that you're sorry, and you want to come back home
And like a fool, I'll let you in…
Just like I have before
So you can do your very best, to hurt a little more
As all you ever do is break my heart
You rip it up, not satisfied, until it falls apart
I know you think I'm crazy…
But I'll hang around for you
Like broken hearted lovers, are known to often do

So here we go again...
I guess I haven't learned
That playing with this fire…
I'm bound to end up getting burned
But I can't stay away from you, no matter how I try
And many times I've asked myself, but still I don't know why
As all you ever do is break my heart
The stitches come undone…
Then my whole world just falls apart
I know I must be crazy...
But no matter what you do
How ever much you hurt me, I just keep on loving you

Ian Duquemin

Blog Archive