Passing Through - Ian Duquemin

I sit here reminiscing
Of days long in my past
Those years have travelled swiftly
They've come and gone so fast
Those times spent round the campfire
Where flames danced through the night
Leaving smoldering embers
As dawn replaced its light

Those friends who were my brothers
In caravans called home
They were the closest family
That this man had ever known
We'd smoke what nature gave us
While music filled the air
What little we all had back then
We'd find enough to share

We found a place to settle
A road side with a view
Beside a rolling river
Like us just passing through
The hills a welcome shelter
The winters hard to bear
I'd never found a place called home
Like I had found right there

That fire keeps on burning
It warms my soul and heart
That family still remains with me
However far apart
And like that river passing through
We'll meet again sometime
I'll keep our fire burning
In this gypsy heart of mine

Ian Duquemin

Blog Archive