Competition Winner - July 2013
Don't Go On - Adrian Osborne

"What's that in your hand?" she said,
I told her, "it's a gnome",
"an ugly lookin thing" she said,
"you can't keep that at home"
I told her "He's an armless thing"
She said "you liar", "he's got two"
I told her, "your not hearin right",
she said "oh shut up you".
She asked me, "what's that in "his" hand"
I told her, "that's his mate"
She told me "they can't come in doors",
"just leave them by the gate"
I told her " we should keep em luv"
"I think they're very rare",
She shouted "just get rid of them"
"and how?" "I do not care",
she looked once more towards my hand,
and then pondered what she'd seen,
Myself? by now, I'd had enough ,
of the way she'd been so mean!!

"What's that in his mates hand then?"
"is that a smaller one?"
I looked at her with angered eyes
and said "don't you - go on and on !!"

Adrian Osborne

Blog Archive