The Face Of Truth - Lyndon Queripel




I don’t want to know
The headline news today
Or what the morning papers
Have got to say
Nor hear the hourly show
Blow by blow 
On the programmed radio

I don’t want to read 
The propaganda page
Where freedom is kept
Locked in a cage
And I don’t need 
To know how you succeed
To feed all of your greed

The face of truth is in disguise 
Behind a web of media lies

I don’t want to recall
I’m trying to forget
How the cost of living
And the Third World debt
Will rise and fall
On a street called Wall
Or the secret of it all

I don’t want to see
Another live transmission
Or anymore of the war
On the evening television
When will we be free
From the inhumanity
And all the insanity

The face of truth is a mystery
Behind a veil of media unreality.

Lyndon Queripel

Image : Pixabay - OpenClipart-Vectors

Blog Archive