Broken - Ian Duquemin


Leave me alone, let me cry for awhile 
I don't want to talk, and I can't find my smile 
I'm just a boy no one wants anyway 
So I'll hide where I can for the rest of the day

These children around me, well they understand 
They've been hit with a stick, they've been punched with a hand 
Seen so many things a child never should see
But none of them witnessed the damage in me

I live in a world, one of darkness and pain 
Found strength to get up, but been knocked down again 
If nobody wants me, then why should I care? 
I'll just wrap myself up in this cloak of despair 

I don't want to live, in this nightmare so real 
This pain isn't something a small boy should feel 
So lock me away, there's no sunshine for me
It's only in darkness I'm able to see

Will I grow to be loved, maybe even adored? 
Or continue forever, expelled and ignored 
These scars no one sees, will they always remain? 
A constant reminder of sorrow and pain 

Leave me alone, I am broken and bruised 
A child who feels nothing.. But hurt and abused 
If nobody loves me, I'll hide here a while 
Until somebody searches and finds me a smile 

Ian Duquemin

Image : Pixabay - Tumisu

Blog Archive