Rising - Ian Duquemin



I'd sit down and think of the times of my past
The shit and the shadows depression had cast
The troubles, the fears, in a future untold
I'd cling to those times, though they left me so cold
I'd grow from a child who was always in pain
I'd fall to my knees, but I'd rise once again
Over and over the hurdles appeared
But the falls became lessons I no longer feared
No barrier stopped me, I'd crash my way through
I tried to be someone who's honest and true
Those days as a child they were never to last
As you cannot move forward, if you live in the past
I think of those days with a new sense of pride
As no one can tell me that I've never tried
I give what I can to those living in pain
As I know in my heart... You will rise once again

Ian Duquemin
Image : Pixabay - Crucifurr


Blog Archive