Nothing Else Planned - Ian Duquemin

Will you walk with me darlin’?
Will you take hold my hand?
I don't know where we're going
But we got nothing else planned
Let's head for the sunset
Watch it fall from our view
I will keep you beside me
The entire night through
We can lay in the fresh fields
Count the stars in the skies
I will keep those that shimmer
In the stillness, of your eyes
And the moon it shall greet us
Like an old trusted friend
And paint you in silver
In this time, that we spend
When we wake in the morning
With the beckoning sun
We will follow it somewhere
We’ll just keep, moving on
As long as we're together
We are never alone
And whatever we find there
We will make that our home
But let's take long time
Be it gentle and safe
This path which we travel
Is a journey, one of faith
And as we grow older
We can look back and say
That we did this together
And we've come a long way
But each step was worthy
And every day new
This life that I dreamed of
Was inspired by you
And when we both lay down
For the very last time
I will keep hold your fingers
And your hand, clasped in mine
We can roam into twilight
Where we never will part
Our journey continued
Yet only, just the start
Will you walk with me darlin’?
Will you take hold my hand?
I don't know where we're going
But we got nothing else planned

Ian Duquemin

Blog Archive