You Whisper Lies - Shannon Shell

You whisper you lies in my ear.
I’m crying inside but you don’t care.
My heart is bruised and torn in two.
You’ve pierced my soul and taken it with you.
You don’t see how I feel.
I say I’m fine but that’s not real.

Take some time and search your soul.
You don’t understand what you stole.
You see my smile but look in my eyes.

I’m a broken girl because of my sacrifice
I’ve given up so much to believe in you,
Even though we both know that’s not what I should do.
I took down my guard to give you trust.
You shredded it and now I’m lost.

The tears you don’t see are full of pain.
Did what you wanted and never complained.
I’m so naïve and so young.
Didn’t want you to believe you’d do me wrong.

But now I know just what’s your game.
Never again will I get played the same.
You were fake I was true.
I’ve been done like that before, it’s nothing new.

Behind a mask I hide.
So no-one knows how I feel inside.
You can peel this mask from my face.
But what you’ve taken you can’t replace.

Shannon Shell

Blog Archive