Oh Well, That’s Cricket! - Lester Queripel

Ouch! My leg! My ankle! My shoulder!
I must be getting older.
But I’m not that old.
I’m not too old to catch a cold.
Pity I can’t catch the ball.
Every time I try to run I fall.
I’ll just have to do my best.
Today is the ‘big test’.
It’s the day of the big game.
I’ll just have to forget all my pain.
I’m really going to ‘go to town’.
Wear a smile, not a frown.
I’ll hit the ball all over the place.
I might even hit it into my own face!
Look on the bright side, it’ll be fun.
I’ll be happy if I score a run.
Must get ready.
It’s time for the game.
I’ll grab the glory.
My moment of fame.
Shin pads, gloves, helmet and ‘box’.
Blimey! That’s a hard ball.
They might as well throw rocks!
How can I run in all of this gear?
I’ll make sure I’m fitter next year.
Now it’s my turn to bat.
Well will you look at that.
I’m out for a ‘duck’.
That’s really bad luck.
The ball has hit my wicket.
Oh well, that’s cricket.

Lester Queripel

Blog Archive