The Men in the Masks: Pt1 - Callum Lee Doherty

Say not as thou dost, but through clocks as we rot
and thy shine dare not speak as before.
Pray, what divine cost, whispers, gods have we lost;
should my time and my steeple endure?
What price did He ask of you? What silence they grasp from us all.
We regress to impress; dictions learned, fictions spread,
Crystal spurned in pursuit of the chore.

Wear(e), take me; here, lately,
Enslaved of my bastard rapport.
De-grade me; dear, break me,
For we’ve lost in this faintest of cause.
I’m consumed by that thing I abhorred; I’m consumed by the virus in thoughts.

His mask see not mine, told my stifling mind,
As the roses – redolent – entwined.
And we all sing and dance, lest we might get a glance
of the frozen – exposure – we’re blind.

Déjà entendu, elate and offend you
Rehearsed since thy birth and refined.
But when all set aside, through thine time’s genocide
Hollows corpses – thoughtless – confined.

I will not reach out to your hand; and I swear I ne’er called on your name.
My design can divide and abort you; but my solace – I lied – I’m afraid.

Callum Lee Doherty

Blog Archive