You Taught Me Love - Beth Garnham

I thought I was a stone,
I thought nothing could move me,
Until I met you,
And you taught me love.

Your company gives me comfort,
Your presence makes me complete,
I often experience an inner calmness,
Each time you are with me.

The words of love coming from your lips,
melts my heart,
I poured out my worries on you,
and you listened to me.

I expressed my past pains in words,
You consoled me,
I showed my present condition in its dark form,
You shed light on it.

The smile, the dance, and the moments we share
together fill my memory,
How could I be alone without a lasting companion?
What kind of love can be compared with such like yours?

Flowing from a beautiful and virtuous person,
All combined with an undeserving flavour of selflessness,
I can’t actually put it in words, all you do to me,
But, I know that you taught me love.

Beth Garnham

Blog Archive