Green Rain - Judith Anne Finetti

I am so green it is even starting to tinge my hair
Well maybe that is not quite fair
I half expect green moss and lichen to grow
On my car, my shoes
You never know

But everything that can be recycled finds its way to join its kin
To be loaded up in the relevant bin
And anything that might be up-cycled to be used again
Is squirrelled away
Every shade of paint you could wish for
And sometimes a brush
Who could ask for more
But to accompany this there is always the rain
Which I have to admit is becoming a pain

In fact it has come to the point
That at ten at night at the Bridge drop off joint
I found myself getting shot of the last bottles and tins
Straight after Open Mic
Where fellow poets exchange like for like

Much to my surprise without the usual traffic and hustle and bustle
And purely because there was no rain
All I could hear was the lapping waves
Quite a pleasant experience
I might even try this again

Judith Anne Finetti

Blog Archive