Competition - October 2011
Various

Canyon Deep - Linda Kelly

Clouds drifting layering floors beneath the canyon deep deep down on and on
Drifting to the end ground below smooth awakening spirit o’my love depths unexplained
I do not want to rise thee heart of mine I am happy to lay beneath your surface
Knowing at my side there is strength of sheer rock to protect whilst
I can drift with could and give my heart my every breathe
Soft gentle breathe amongst the cloud all grace I am within your heart
O’drifting cloud o’rock of height o’love we have within
Take us both upon your calm and enwrapped with love within
Soft soft cloud drifting by a floor to stand upon now tall and proud
For us both hearts entwined to lay again resting pausing
To feel the stone so hard o’my love we touch the face of life and it brings
Then let the cloud drift us away to sail beneath its wing.

Linda Kelly


Black Mountains - Kirstie Tostevin

When you observe thunder or feel in your bones
the rumbling of terror and menace of stone,
try to think wisely; whatever you do
don’t look through the mist at what’s calling to you.

It echoes such silence and plays on your fears,
a mass of emotion which brings you to tears.
The dread that consumes you when you are alone;
black mountains where Terror has carved out his throne.

Under veil we are safe; fickle thoughts clot our head
but beyond, wasted cliffs weight our hearts down instead.
Nameless unease manifests in the gloom
like a column of darkness in majesty’s tomb.

Obscurity heightens but cloaks terrors’ pall,
when weak try your best not to let this veil fall.
If foolishly given a foothold it would
try to fuel the immoral and hinder the good.

Kirstie Tostevin

Blog Archive