Watch me fly - Callum Lee Doherty

It’s quite simple from here,
Absentee, candidly,
Scream in rhythm; scream in glee,
Free from prisms bound of me.

This nigh wisdom, my Dear,
Can you see? Shall we breathe?
Gleaming victims; thieving leaves,
Dreams of visions, hounding me.

Watch me fly, watch me fly.
Oh, brother, watch me fly.


Watch that hand forever slow,
Weightless Kings forever float.
Nameless crystals, taint my wings,
but through my wrists, they’ll never know.

I demand to see the scriptures;
Reprimand me as I go,
Enslave the guards who pray forgiveness
Whilst enlists of xenophobes.

Watch me fly, watch me fly.
Oh, lover, watch me fly.


I’ve gone without your jurisdiction,
Fled from timeous control.
I’ve reached the plain through which my fiction
Lifts the stain we call our Home.

I feel the breath within my fingers,
See the blessed expanse below;
Within my depths, I’ll re-consider
But on my terms, all alone.

Watch me fly, watch me fly.
Oh, mother, watch me fly.
Do not sorrow; in my judgement,
I’m resolved, and so I die.

Callum Lee Doherty

Blog Archive