Around - Ian Duquemin

I'm gonna put a foot upon this train, girl
And get me away from here
I somehow know your thinkin' that's ok, girl
You kind of knew I'd disappear!
And when the train starts movin' down this runaway track
Those wheels upon the rail go a-clackety clack
It's gonna be too late to come a-runnin' right back
Cause I will be travellin' around

I'm gonna catch a boat across the sea, girl
No matter where it sails
Is an ocean far enough away from me, girl?
Or did I only need the rails?
I might be on a journey to a desolate place
We did say that we needed us a little more space
Although I have a photo packed away in my case
I might just be needing you around

I travelled round the world to get away, girl
And I walked for many years
It seemed to be forever and a day, girl
To see those happy tears
As I stand here smiling at your welcoming door
I found what I had wanted in a whole world to explore
I guess I searched for something... but I needed you more!
And it's good just having you around

Ian Duquemin

Blog Archive