Guernsey Monopoly - Ian Duquemin

I joined a game of Guernsey Monopoly
Around the table deputies surrounded me
They shared out the money, two for them...one for me
I knew I wouldn't win (or get out of jail free)
So I played to see if there could be some good I could do
And I hoped to save the island and the Guernsey folk too

Well...
I chose to use the top hat
Thought I'd look pretty swank
Another used the Rolls and sat in front of the bank
He covered stolen hotels... In case I might see
And when I landed on them, he jumped like a flea
He took all my money, left me pretty much broke
Whilst drooling with excitement through his King Edward smoke

I pulled out hidden wages and paid off my fines
The rent was pretty steep (but that's the sign of the times!)
I gave the dice a lucky shake... rolled out a one
This game was tedious... And wasn't much fun
The banker stacked his profit, kept one eye on the board
Knowing Mill Street was the only place that I could afford

He handed me the deeds, with a smile on his face
Said he'd knock down Mill Street, put some flats in its place
Maybe add more offices... and a higher class café
All to be paid for, from the honest workers pay
He then purchased Fermain, to have a safe life
As his girlfriend lived down Cobo far away from the wife

One of them grabbed Fort George... To show off his wealth
This game seemed rather real, and not good for my health
I visited the doctor... And It cost me a house
Everyone was after me, like cats versus mouse
I noticed there were roads closed... Which happened to be mine
They passed me via diversions ... Time after time

I threw myself a six... I passed Fort George by
A move without no profit, caused the deputy to cry
When I came up trumps... And I bought myself Vale
They all got pretty mad... Threw my arse into jail
Knowing that a jail card I never did own
I decided that I'd stay here... End the game with a home

Ian Duquemin

Blog Archive