Portrait Painting - Trudie Shannon

Today we done painting and that nice lady comed.
I done a picture of my Mummy and
Jack done a picture of his Dad.
I gived my Mummy green hair, I like green hair.
That lady comed to look at my picture
And she said
Oh Mark, what is the real colour of Mummy’s hair?
I didn’t say nothing because my Mummy looks nice wiv green hair.
Then the nice lady taked my paintbrush and
She painted my Mummy wiv brown hair!
I gived my Mummy a brown jumper and brown trousers
And the nice lady comed and she taked my paintbrush
And she painted all over and gived my Mummy
A dress wiv flowers on.
My Mummy don’t even wear a dress!
I gived my Mummy big yellow eyes and a big smiley mowf
And the nice lady comed and she … laughed
And she said
Oh dear, poor Mummy, what colour are her eyes really?
And then she taked my paintbrush and she gived my Mummy blue eyes.
Just like yours Mark, she said.
And then she gived my Mummy different hands and different feet as well,
And then the nice lady said
There, now that’s better isn’t it?
All finished, good boy, go and wash your hands.
I didn’t say nothing,
Jack done a picture of his Dad.
Jack’s lucky, bloomin nice lady didn’t help him.

Trudie Shannon

Blog Archive