The Social Departing of Steven Nobody - Ian Duquemin

Dear Facebook friends...
I am saying goodbye
I hate living this life and I've decided to die
I don't have to tell you... but do feel the need
As it's you that will help me succeed 

Dear Steven...
I hope that you're feeling ok
Maybe you're having a bad day today
You just need to "turn off", give Facebook a break
Before you make a mistake

Dear Susan...
You don't even know who I am
Don't try to pretend that you might give a damn
We've not even spoken... And never have met
And if we did you'd despise me I'd bet

Dear Steven...
Susan was trying to be nice
I hope with this comment you will take my advice 
And try to calm down... Maybe swallow a pill
Try to relax... And just chill

Dear Colin...
I've taken the advice that you gave
It might be too late but I'll try to behave 
I've taken a pill... A whole bottle in fact
So I'm feeling a little bit whacked

Dear Steven...
I don't know the reason or why
But to write on your wall you've decided to die
Is really quite strange and a little... Un-cool
And probably breaks Facebook rule

Dear Andrew...
I don't really care what you say, oh...
And stop sending invites for games that you play
This isn't a game... It is very damned real
And none of you know how I feel

Dear Steven...
Andrew was being sincere 
And Colin and Susan expressing their fear
We worry for you by the things that you say
So I hope you don't mind if I pray

Dear Robert...
Pray if you really believe
But this is the last post that you will receive
These words are a blur and my breathing is slow
I will log out on life now and................

Dear no one...
The spirit of Steven has passed
This lonely recluse without pain at long last
Slumped over an iPad... A sad tragic end
As he died with not one real friend

Ian Duquemin

Blog Archive