To The Hardware Store I Go - Kathy Figueroa

Hie! Hie! To the
Hardware store I go
I'm on a treasure hunt
For the plumbing gizmo
Neither rain, nor snow
Or scorching sun
Will halt my urgent quest
I'm on a mission
An emergency run
Because leaky taps
.. I detest
"No more, no more
No more water
On the floor"
This has become my chant
I can fix that leaking
Washing machine tap
And won't accept
That I can't
Plumbing is not an
Unfathomable mystery
Though, at first glance
It might appear a muddle
With the help of the mighty
Unseen Powers That Be
My washing machine
Will no longer stand
In a puddle
And dauntless
Shall I remain
Neither faltering
Nor succumbing
To repose
If, next, a leak
Appears to come from
The washing machine hose
With a wrench, a gizmo
(And plumber's tape)
I shall conquer
..And know the thrill
Of victory, sweet
And when I walk
Across the kitchen floor
I won't get
Water on my feet

Kathy Figueroa

Blog Archive