I’ll Just Call Facilities - Rod Ferbrache

The day was hot and sunny and heat was pouring in,
The air con set to cooling, we knew we couldn’t win.
“Too hot” the cry came from a desk right by a window pane.
I can’t bear another moment, and blow the solar gain!”
“I’m going to call Facilities; they’ll know just what to do,
They’ll understand the reason, I won’t sit here and stew.

The one wrapped in the blanket, with woolly hat and scarf,
Overheard the conversation and said “hey, don’t you make me laugh!
You say that you are boiling, and sweating from the heat,
Well come and feel my hands and feet, they’re lumps of frozen meat!”
“I’m going to call Facilities; they’ll know just what to do,
They’ll understand the reason, I won’t sit here with flu!”.

Across from these two people sat with a smile from ear to ear.
A happy warm employee, they had nothing they need fear.
It mattered not if sun or rain were forecast for the day,
They knew that it was certain that the temperature would stay
Exactly how they liked it, neither hot nor cold – just right.
“I won’t call Facilities, and share my colleague’s plight”.

The moral of this story, though common, and quite true,
Is there needs to be more people who love being in a stew.
Or else be pleased at times to freeze, so mates can be just right.
There are bigger battles out there that we can face and fight.
Yet if you call Facilities, they’ll know just what to do.
They’ll go out on an errand, and leave you red or blue!

Rod Ferbrache

Blog Archive