The Old Brown Carpet - Kathy Figueroa

Hurray! I don't have to vacuum
The old, brown carpet, anymore!
At last, I managed to get it
Removed from the dining room floor!

It wasn't at all difficult
Deciding it really must go,
Its age was indeterminate
But many years of use did show.

Once, it might've been quite stylish
And served to enhance the decor,
But I couldn't wait to lug it
Out of that room and through the door!

Perhaps it was quite attractive
Back when the dinosaurs did roam
But it was a big dust magnet
That I wanted out of my home

Always emitting fuzz and lint,
Maybe 'twas made of such ..and dirt.
I knew that it just had to go
When it made my eyes start to hurt.

Now, if you should chance upon me
And I'm wearing a great big smile,
It's due to my jubilation
About the dining room ..floor tile!

Kathy Figueroa

Blog Archive