Mum 1932-1965 - Tony

You left us on the 15th of May,
When you were suddenly taken away
A young family left to cope
With only love, faith and hope

Found it very hard to take in,
Tried to remember how it had been
Only a kid of six years old,
Didn’t believe what I was told

“Your mummy’s gone to heaven son”,
I just wanted to cry and run
To hide and hope that you would seek,
To find me mum, I felt so weak

We tried to live a normal life,
We had no mum, Dad lost a wife
Stuck together just like glue,
Hard times but we made it through

Always there for each other,
My Dad, my sister and my brothers
Grew up and went our different ways,
But we never forget those early days

It’s forty eight years since that day,
When the angels came and took you away
But still I think of you and wonder how,
You’d think of us if you were here now

I try my best to make you proud,
Find silver linings in every cloud
It’s hard sometimes to carry on,
Trying to be happy, full of fun

Miss you now more than ever,
Know one day we’ll be together
I needed you then, miss you still,
And I know I always will

Tony Robert

Blog Archive