Invisible Hero - Diane Scantlebury

If I could have
A super power
I know just what
It would be
I would have to choose
Invisibility
I could see you
But you could not see me
What hours of fun
There could possibly be

You would never see me coming
I could take you by surprise
Like the comic strip
There would be PHWARR and PHEW
Until stars glowed in your eyes

The tricks I could play
At your expense
But if you were in peril
I would rush
To your defence
Rescue you from
The jaws of monsters
Or the clutches of evil men
My invisible cloak
Would invoke
A service on which you could depend

They would never see me coming
I could take them by surprise
Like the comic strip
There would be BIFF and POW
Until stars flew from their eyes

The invisible hero
Saves the day
But there is a small price
I would have to pay
My rewarding kiss
From you
I would have to steal
Because my true identity
I could never reveal!

Diane Scantlebury

Blog Archive