The Years Fly By - Tony Robert

I sit and wonder where time goes?
As the years fly by.
Had my best times I suppose
But carry on, I’ll try.

Remember when I was young
And times there seem a-plenty?
Suddenly I’m pushing fifty plus
Wishing I was twenty.

Oh to be young and full of fun
Without a single care
Now I’ve got a job to run
And I’m losing all my hair.

I used to be so slim and fit
With long hair and denim flares
Now I feel like an old git
Struggling up the stairs

Always played a lot of sport
Was as fit as a fiddle
Now my breaths are very short
And I’m expanding round the middle

Best look forward, straight ahead
Keep learning from the past
Better watch out where I tread
Might end up on my arse

Must face up to reality
At least try to be strong
To grow old with some dignity
But inside forever young.

Tony Robert

Blog Archive