More - Beyond The Sweet Shop - Stuart Price

What a wonderful world this is, of delicious treats all around,
To find a chocolatier, I simply drive my car into town.
Every whim and desire I can easily satisfy
'Til Billy Bunter of the Beano I come to exemplify !

These delicious cocktails, will they satisfy me forever,
Or be a passing fancy in life's rich endeavour ?
A bonus, a treat, but not my completion,
Whatever the size, the taste or sensation.

So easy to become the victim or our desires,
Corrupting the good, as robbers and liars.
Making pleasure our objective, our unholy goal
To surrender our sanity, our bedevilled soul.

Surely there is better than all of these things ?
Like the awakening sunrise as a nightingale sings.
A delicate breeze and a peacock's feather,
A mother's love for her child, which can go on forever.

Some compassion and kindness for all of mankind
For those big and small, with none left behind.
As rocks become crystals and plants turn to flowers
I catch a glimpse of eternity in these sublime powers.

An order, a logic, to life's divine dance
To know truth we must speak it, for otherwise we can't.
To be stuck in the prison of our minds is a shame,
With joy in our hearts we can all win the game.

Stuart Price

Blog Archive