Write A Poem - Tony Robert

You’ve got to write a poem
That’s what they say
Just one worry
Better hurry
The deadline’s on Saturday

You should enter the Eisteddfod
It’ll be a bit of fun
Write the odd line
That’ll do fine
Try to get it done

But how to write a poem
Think up the clever rhyme
Make it scan
That’s the plan
I’m running out of time

Now the clock is ticking
Need some inspiration
Must be dim
Getting grim
This feeling of desperation

Suddenly it’s easy
The words just seem to flow
Line by line
Doing fine
I’m really on the go

On and on and on I write
Trying to impress
Think I’ve done it
Maybe won it
But perhaps I’m not the best

Others have been at it
Writing lots of lines
They’re really smart
Know the art
Of making better rhymes

Never mind at least I’ve tried
To do my very best
This writing game
Is hard to tame
Have I passed the test?

At last someone’s read it
Although it’s such a fudge
Had some giggles
At my squiggles
Well, you be the judge

Tony Robert

Blog Archive