Tell me… - Drew H.W.

What was this I found?
As darkness fell and choked the ground
With summer spent
My heart’s lament, a dreadful sound
That howled and whipped
Through trees now stripped
Of life that once bore fruit
Gripped by winter’s death-like sleep
Dragged within an icy deep
All hope it seemed to execute.

Why could I not see?
A bud of hope upon a tree
As spring so pure
Did seek to cure this travesty.
Tomorrow’s dawn
All life reborn!
Rainbow’s promise pouring
Spawning multi-coloured bliss
O’er sun-drenched fruits alluring
On nature’s lips a princely kiss.

Shall I think of how?
The heat filled days the fruits endow
And summer’s light
My heart ignites! And love it will allow
My hand in yours
Near lapping shores
Where children laugh and play
Pausing once to launch their dreams
A seaweed boat that shines and gleams
And takes our troubles far away.

Drew H.W.

Blog Archive