Competition Winner - May 2012
A Sacred Moment - Ian Duquemin

I wait...

I close my eyes
Breathing in the sea
Standing all alone
My feet in sand beneath me

I wait...

Nature fills my ears
Waves applaud close by
Seagulls cackle like witches
As I stretch towards the sky

I wait...

I feel her warming glow
She ignites a brand new day
Her energy revives me
She will be mine for a moment today

I wait...

I raise my arms into the air
Standing firm upon the sands
Just for this one sacred moment
Where I hold the sun between my hands

She is power
She is strength
She is the bringer of light
She replenishes the earth
She is a candle burning bright

I gently blow her from my hands
She rises high above me
I release her for she is not mine to keep
But for all the world to see

Ian Duquemin

Blog Archive