A Posh Affair - Jenny Hamon

‘Been invited to a Posh Affair,
And really don’t have a thing to wear.
I think I need to buy a nice gown,
Maybe I’ll take a trip to town.

I tend to go for the casual look,
With comfort being top of my book.
So this is out of my comfort zone,
With quality and style to hone.

After searching all the day,
And trying dresses that “cut a sway”,
The material just has no give,
I think I’m losing the will to live.

Either I’m too big or it’s too small,
Or I’m too short or it’s too tall.
I searched the shops from morn to night,
Maybe I’ll decline the invite.

On the way home I have an idea,
A charity shop is very near.
So off I set with hopes held high,
That I will find a real good buy.

The charity shop had just the thing,
A smart black dress with a bit of bling.
I hope the people at my table
Won’t notice it’s not a designer label.

I’ve decided “designer” is not my thing,
With slender cut and clothes that cling.
Instead a bargain’s more my style,
And wear it with a confident smile!

Jenny Hamon

Blog Archive