Mirror - Drew H.W.

Forever must you haunt my world?
Cruel ties, I ache to sever.
Gaunt spectre, living hell unfurled
Take pity, flaunt no more those pretty
Eyes that toll the bell of truth,
Quit now this fierce endeavour.

Nightly stars do bring to me
A vision sweet, most sightly.
Thing of day, I ask you please
Go, leave me! Sting no more, relieve me!
Risen sun; the task too harsh,
To grasp this mask so tightly.

Seek the truth? I dare not try
My soul, it’s essence fast does leak.
Stare never! Live the lonely lie
Don’t judge me, Glass no more begrudge me
Role of peace, (my only sin)!
For my troubled heart grows weak.

Obey the rules, cast smiles bright
Each morn’ that beams a sunray.
While inward torment; troubled plight!
Reflection, vile, false projection
Born not I, this doubled form!
Now no longer must it stay.

Drew H.W.

Blog Archive