Untouchable - Alec D Jackson

On the bewitched shores of Hesperia
You stand,
There, where dreams are drawn to reality,
Or life is renewed.
Shipwrecked, I can hardly see beyond you,
My Helen.

The Faustian pact I would broker
For one touch;
The slightest caress, glancing warmth
Too much;
Eros would explode forth bearing my heart,
still beating.

Untouchable upon the sands
Of all time,
I sacrifice all that is
All mine,
Selene's radiant silver beams
Reveal me:
A crystal silhouette,
Empty.
Without the lights that incandesce,
Within you.

I can not offer palaces nor
Paris,
I am the faithful servant
ever,
You the Titan, I the mortal, honest
and constant.

Now I look for fates guiding hand
to show,
We both in signs and portents we
would know,
That time has brought us here today,
to love, again.

Alec D Jackson

Blog Archive