Getting Fit - Jenny Hamon

Oh my God, this keep fit lark
Is supposedly good for your heart.
Stretch and tone your body and limb.
They say it helps to keep you slim.

My Bmi is far too high.
I join a gym and heave a sigh.
Now, exercise, build up a sweat!
But I just find myself in debt.

How about a dancing class,
To swing your hips and wiggle your arse?
The other people look so neat,
While gyrating to the beat.

How can I zumba and look great,
While trying hard to concentrate?
I try to follow with my feet,
But then I seem to loose the beat.

I’ll try a jog along the lane,
A solitary way to go insane.
Oh no, what exercise will I find,
That really works but calms the mind?

So today I bought a Wii
To exercise in privacy.
I’m waving arms and legs about
And give the screen a hefty clout.

The screen is blank, my wii is broke.
I’ve tried to fiddle and to poke.
Now that’s gone for a ball of chalk,
I’ll take the dog out for a walk!

Jenny Hamon

Blog Archive