Competition Winner - March 2012
Ian Duquemin

A roar comes from the crowd
Expecting music so loud
As I strap on my electric guitar
My audience scream from afar
I have no amplifier
Just this raging burning desire
To be the greatest rock star here
I plug the lead into my ear
To appreciate my audience
I play to them in silence
Although this is the loudest of bands
It’s just me and a guitar between my hands
My fingers glide across the frets
Although I’ve not learnt any chords yet
I play the most ferocious tune
My guitar skills filling the room
My head explodes right in front of me
My hands move as freely as mercury
Music so loud you can feel it
Music without a single beat
When I finish I place my guitar on the floor
As my audience scream out for more
I then leave my stage and step over the broom
Smile in the mirror before leaving the room
Leaving my only fan behind me
In a dream world of rock n roll fantasy

Ian Duquemin

Blog Archive